UD Community of Practice
We are looking for teachers from post-primary or further education to join the UD Community of Practice and to share their experiences with other teachers.
What is Involved?
Schools and FE centres are invited to nominate a teacher to participate in the pilot UD Community of Practice. The teacher will take part in a professional development programme and try out a small Universal Design project with a class group.
Teachers will be given access to a range of high quality, customizable project ideas and lessons, suitable for both post-primary and further education settings.
The project may involve a lesson or series of lessons and support will be provided to help identify a project idea and plan the lessons.
Teachers will provide feedback on the lesson in the form of a short case-study.
What you will be asked to do?
Over the next few months, participating teachers will be asked to attend a series of 6 short, practical webinars on how to introduce Universal Design to your students in engaging and creative ways.
They will be provided ongoing support through an online professional learning community of teachers actively exploring and engaging with Universal Design.
Through the online Teams platform, teachers will be encouraged to share ideas, experiences and best practice with like-minded teachers.
Why join the UD Community of Practice?
Teachers participating in this programme will receive:
- Insight into how to provide opportunities for your students to experience Universal Design in engaging and interactive ways.
- Opportunities to share your experiences, insights and practice with other teachers and help promote Universal Design in post primary and further education settings.
- An invitation to take part in a Universal Design showcase event in 2020.
- The prospect of becoming a Universal Design champion and deliver UD professional development to other teachers in the future.
Benefits for your School/Centre
The programme is designed so that participating teachers will gain experience in introducing Universal Design to students and sharing experience with other teachers.
It is important that schools and further education centres address Universal Design and incorporate Universal Design into the overall school programme. The UD Community of Practice will assist schools to gain a better understanding of how to introduce Universal Design to learners.
Register your School/Centre’s Interest
If you are interested in taking part, please complete the short Expression of Interest form.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Monday 16th September 2019. Remember places are limited! You will be contacted once submissions have been reviewed.
- Download the UD Community of Practice Info sheet (PDF).
- If you have any queries about the UD Community of Practice, click here.
- To find out more about the work of the Centre for Excellence in Universal Design, click here.